Saturday, November 15, 2008

These Gators are Spoiling Us.

I know Halloween has passed, but man these Gators are starting to scare me. I thought today’s game was going to be a little closer than the 50 point beat down. The first 5 minutes of this game suggested that the game was going to be decided in the 3rd or 4th quarter.
The defense and South Carolina’s miscues ignited the offense. I am still contemplating why Spurrier declined the penalty to make it 3rd and 7 rather than 1st and 20. I guess that’s Spurrier being Spurrier, but that was somewhat of a major turning point for the Gators.
The Gator’s defensive did not let the Gator faithful down. The defensive line made it impossible for Garcia and Smelley to get anything going. I don’t know about you guys, but I was a little uneasy when Tebow was taking hits during final minutes of the third quarter. I would like to see Brantley take as many snaps as possible, because you always have to prepare for the worst (you know what I am talking about).
If I had to complain about someone, it would be the place kicker, Caleb Sturgis. Not to single him out, but he needs to stop kicking it out of bounds. He has done it numerous times this season and I’m afraid it might come back to haunt us in a close game.

Well that’s my take for today’s game (more like scrimmage).
See you tomorrow.

Tomorrow’s Blog – All this BCS talk probably is not a good thing…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home